Sunday 14 February 2010

I shouldn't really but.....

I was trying not to do any gardening this weekend, because I have a slight twinge in my back and I don't want to make it worse. But a visit to the RHS gardens at Wisley yesterday led to some impulse buys, and I couldn't resist perking up my front garden with some instant colour. So today I planted some early dwarf daffodils (Jetfire) and some native primroses.

Looking good in the front at the moment is this Arum Italicum Marmoratum, which produces lush winter foliage, and bright red berries in autumn.
 
Also purchased yesterday were some lily bulbs. I decided to plant these species lilies, Lilium Cerneum, in a small pot, using Westland Peat-free general purpose compost.
I've put heavy stones on top of the pot to stop the squirrel digging up the bulbs - I will remove them as soon as the shoots start to show, when hopefully the squirrel will have lost interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment